Queen of Hollywood: 2016's Highest-Grossing Actor Is Scarlett Johansson
Margot Robbie and Felicity Jones have also made the list this year.
Forbes has recently released a list of the top-grossing actors of 2016. Having played in a number of movies including Captain America: Civil War and Hail Caesar! this year, Scarlett Johansson lands the no.1 spot as her films grossed a reported $1.2 billion USD worldwide. As Johansson’s Captain America co-stars, Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. both brought in $1.15 billion USD and came in tie for second.
It’s also refreshing to see three other women on the prestigious list alongside ScarJo. With her breakout performance as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, Margot Robbie raked in $1.1 billion USD globally this year and obtained the fourth place on the list. Other actresses that made it to the top 10 include Amy Adams, who made $1.04 billion USD with Arrival and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice; and Felicity Jones, who earned $805 million USD with the newly-released Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. You can have a look at the entire list below:
Top 10 Highest-Grossing Actors of 2016
1. Scarlett Johansson – $1.2 billion USD
2. Chris Evans – $1.15 billion USD
3. Robert Downey Jr. – $1.15 billion USD
4. Margot Robbie – $1.1 billion USD
5. Amy Adams – $1.04 billion USD
6. Ben Affleck – $1.02 billion USD
7. Henry Cavill – $870 million USD
8. Ryan Reynolds – $820 million USD
9. Felicity Jones – $805 million USD
10. Will Smith – $775 million USD
- James White/Cosmopolitan