No Surprise Here: Beyoncé and Selena Gomez Dominated Instagram in 2017
Straight from the social platform’s Year in Review.
Beyoncé Knowles-Carter and Selena Gomez take the top spots for two of the most loved celebrity Instagram accounts of the year. Fashion brands also saw a major year with Chanel and Louis Vuitton being announced as the top two engaged fashion houses on the social media platform.
Beyoncé’s most-liked photo received 11 million likes and included her iconic pregnant belly, she donned an Agent Provocateur bra and a light green veil. Selena Gomez struck gold once again as the most followed celebrity with 130 million followers.
Chanel received 25 million follows this year, followed by Louis Vuitton which gained 19.9 million follows while Gucci trailed behind both fashion brands with 18.9 million new followers. Dior received the most mentions, tags, captions and comments this year.
The 2017 “Instagram Year in Review” data was taken directly from the platform from January 1 through November 17. Check out who else made the lists below:
Most-Followed Celebrities of 2017
1. Selena Gomez – 130M+ followers
2. Cristiano Ronaldo – 116M+ followers
3. Ariana Grande – 115M+ followers
4. Beyoncé – 108M+ followers
5. Kim Kardashian West – 104.9M+ followers
6. Taylor Swift – 104M+ followers
7. Kylie Jenner – 99.5M+ followers
8. Dwayne Johnson – 96M+ followers
9. Justin Bieber – 93.9M+ followers
10. Kendall Jenner – 84.8M+ followers
Most-Followed Designers of 2017
1. Chanel – 25M followers
2. Louis Vuitton – 19.9M+ followers
3. Gucci – 18.9M+ followers
4. Victoria Beckham - 17.7M+ followers
5. Dior – 17.7M+ followers
6. Dolce & Gabbana – 15M+ followers
7. Prada – 13.9M+ followers
8. Michael Kors – 10.7M+ followers
9. Calvin Klein – 10.6M+ followers
10. Versace – 10.5M+ followers