To sneakerheads, kicks are more than just a part of one’s wardrobe. While they’re often seen as an obsession, sneakers — with their numerous designs and colorways — also encourages creativity. Case in point: Vancouver creatives Jeremy Jude Lee and Lauren Coutts‘ latest collaboration is a playful ode to some of the hottest shoes this season.
Dubbed “Rubber Soul,” the mixed-media editorial finds the photographer and illustrator giving popular silhouettes such as the PUMA Basket Platform and the Nike Air Max 97 a two-dimensional makeover. Styled by Carlee Wallace, the imagery sees a mix of high-brow and low-brow aesthetics, featuring pieces from Stella McCartney, Maison Margiela, Vetements, Opening Ceremony, vintage Champion and more. Browse the gallery above to check out the visual narrative in full.
To see more work by Jeremy, take a look at our exclusive “Daybreak” editorial.
- Jeremy Jude Lee/@jjudelee
- Carlee Wallace/@carlee_wallace
- Lauren Coutts/@lo_cou
- Hair Stylist
- Tania Becker/@taniabecker
- Meredith Lacosse/@meredithlacosse
- Samira/@puffbaddy, Athina Abraham/@athinaabraham_, Keighty Gallagher/@keightythousand, Nicole Wong/@tokyo_to, Anna Purna at Key Models/@annarkisst
- Frankie Collective, Secret Location, Boboli, Livestock, Neighbour, 017, Nordstrom