Fall officially arrives next week, which means it’s pumpkin spice season. The seasonal flavor has been incorporated into a number of different foods over the years like donuts, pizza, ice cream, Oreos and more. However, the one popular item most can’t seem to get enough of is, of course, coffee. From Starbucks to Dunkin Donuts, there are endless options on where to get your pumpkin spice latte fix.
While most cafés are starting to open with strict safety precautions, some of us might not feel comfortable dining out just yet. Thankfully, experts over at Coffee ‘n Clothes® have given us their own PSL recipe, which is surprisingly easy to make in your own kitchen. Scroll down below and find out what ingredients you will need to make one, along with instructions on how to make it.
For more coffee-related recipes, here’s how you can make your own cold brew at home.
- 2 cups milk (whole, 2% or skim)
- 3 tbs. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup hot brewed strong coffee
- Whipped cream
- Nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon for garnish
1. In a saucepan whisk together milk, pumpkin puree and light brown sugar.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot and steamy. DO NOT BOIL.
3. Remove from heat, whisk in the pumpkin pie spice and the vanilla.
4. Whisk in the coffee and continue to whisk until frothy.
5. Divide between two coffee mugs.
6. Taste and adjust sweetness to taste.
7. Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
If using a microwave
1. Pour the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla into a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Cook for one minute to one minute 30 seconds, or until milk starts to rise up and is frothy.
3. Pour the mixture into a mug then add the coffee. Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
4. Serve hot.
- Composite Imagery
- Yuri Hong/Hypebae