This platform is owned and operated by Hypebeast Hong Kong Limited, incorporated in Hong Kong.
Unless otherwise defined, words used in this Policy bears the following definition:
“Personal Data” means identifiable or locatable information related to you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number.
Below will provide further details on how Hypebeast (as controller or processor) uses Personal Data which we may collect from you when you access our website or app, or use our products and services, as well as Personal Data that may be shared by our business partners. This Policy does not cover Personal Data which may be collected elsewhere such as offline, or website-linking to or from our website or app, or collection of Personal Data by third parties that we do not own, control, employ or manage. Using our website or app constitutes your understanding and agreement to this Policy. If you disagree, do not access or use this platform, provide information to us or use our products and services.
For website and app users, account holders and customers located in:
European Union (“EU”), please refer to our GDPR webpage for details on how we comply with EU’s General Data Protection Regulation Policy.
California, United States, refer to below Section 13: California Consumer Privacy AcT.
2. Personal Data You Provide Us
We may also collect Personal Data with your specific prior knowledge and consent, such as when you place orders, subscribing to our newsletters, create an account, complete a survey to enter into our raffle sweepstakes or giveaways. You may opt not to provide us with certain Personal Data, but in doing so, we may not be able to properly process your order, transaction, application, or you may be unable to enjoy special features we may offer. Similarly, when you register on our forum via website or app, you will need to complete a registration form where Personal Data like your email, location, may be requested. If you opt to not provide, or Personal Data provided are inaccurate, we may be unable to process your registration and you may not be able to post on our forum or use part of our website or app.
3. Public Areas
Any comments and contents you post, contribute or share on our platform’s public area like at the comment section will be made public. We recommend you exercise caution when doing so to protect your personal privacy.
You are solely responsible for your use and carrying any activities on our website or app, including activities made under your account. Do always ensure your confidentiality and security. Hypebeast will not be held liable or responsible for any and all claims, losses and damages sustained or resulting from activities made by you or under your account, including any misuse of our website or app, breach on any of our platform terms and conditions, any contents you submitted, or unauthorized use of your account.
4. Personal Data We Collect When You Buy from Us
In placing an order with us, you need to provide us with your Personal Data including your legal name, email address, contact number, residential and shipping address. HYPEBEAST DOES NOT COLLECT CREDIT CARD DETAILS. If you do not provide Hypebeast with the requested Personal Data or there are inaccuracies, we will be unable to process your order or provide you with sufficient customer service for your order inquiry. Under this context, your submitted Personal Data is used to process your order and for purposes set out here. Hypebeast will not disclose collected Personal Data unless provided here or otherwise notified in advance.
5. Automatic Information
Our servers may automatically collect automatic, individual and/or aggregate information about your electronic device (such as phone, computer) used to visit Hypebeast platform, such as the website or app that referred you, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, type and configuration of the internet browser of your electronic device, browsing preference such as language settings, font size, geo-location, operating system, and other usage and traffic information.
Hypebeast uses this automatic, individual and/or aggregate information to analyse trends, gather and prepare statistics or demographic information and administer our platform so we may provide improved online web experiences to our users and visitors.
Information collected may not identify you personally. We may provide such information (not necessarily personal data) to our partners about how our users collectively use our website or app, so they may further understand how their areas are used and our platform, to provide you with improved web experience. We may also be legally required to disclose or provide access to our database so to cooperate with the applicable laws, regulations, court order and/or request from government authority, which we will provide for those specific request.
This Policy does not restrict or limit our collection and use of such automatic and/or aggregated information.
6. How We Use Personal Data
We use, store and/or provide your Personal Data to conduct our business activities, such as:
- Enhance or improve user experience of Hypebeast website or app, or help improve performance on our product(s) or service(s) offered through any of our website or app;
- Register, verify, process and maintain your website or app account;
- Process, verify, operate, manage, administer and maintain membership programs for our users, such as HBX VIP Membership Program, HBX Referral Program, etc.;
- Process your order and transaction carried on our platform, or for our products and services;
- Conduct and process any contest, raffle sweepstakes, giveaways and/or surveys that we may organize via our website or app, social media or other channels/medium, business, products and/or services, and to announce the winner of the contest or sweepstakes (as the case may be);
- Inform you on changes to our Policy, Terms & Conditions, or respond to enquiries;
- Send email or other marketing communications about our website app, or other news, promotional sale alert, platform products and services;
- Enforce our Policy, and Terms and Conditions;
- Allow our engaged third party service providers (including interaction or social media providers) to: provide specific services for or to our website or app, to host contents on our website or app, process data for Hypebeast, provide technological support to us, conduct maintenance of our services, data banks, databases, including but not limited to IT contractor(s), platform analytic service provider(s), data processor(s) and service provider(s) for database management systems;
- Provide our third party advertising and promotional agencies or consultants, or online platforms selected by Hypebeast, to help us carry out marketing campaigns, measure delivery and effectiveness of such advertisement (such as client campaign tracking);
- To purchaser(s) or assignee(s) as part of any reorganization, merger and acquisition, transfer or sale of our business;
- Comply with or permitted by applicable laws, regulations, order or lawful request from government authority or court.
We comply with the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and related DAA guidance. If you would like to learn more about your choices and opt out use by third-party advertising companies, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or https://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
8. Third Party Websites
9. Third Party Access to Your Personal Data
Without prejudice to Clause 6, we endeavour to protect your Personal Data from being accessed by third parties. But we may employ external maintenance personnel or use third party service provider(s) to help us provide website or app, information technology and/or data processing services or host our material, there are third party entities which may have custody or access to your Personal Data. It is necessary that you permit such third parties to access your Personal Data to the same degree and extent that you authorize us to do so. For greater certainty, every authorization you grant us in this Policy, you agree to also grant the same to any third party that Hypebeast may hire, contract, instruct or otherwise retain services for the purpose of operating, hosting, maintaining, repairing, improving, preserving or otherwise for our website or app or its underlying files or systems, for data processing on our behalf, provide technological support and/or conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks or database (as the case may be). To the fullest and maximum extent as permitted under applicable law, you agree not to hold us liable for action(s) undertaken by such third parties, even where we may normally be held vicariously liable for their actions, and you must take legal actions against them directly should they commit any tort or other actionably wrongdoing against you. We may store your Personal Data or share them with other third parties for reason related to Clause 6 above. Without prejudice to the foregoing, the following is a non-exhaustive list of other entities that we may store, share, or transfer your collected Personal Data in accordance with this Policy:
Google Analytics (Anonymous version)
Google Tag Manager
Google DoubleClick for Publishers
Google Sign-in (iOS/Android)
Facebook (SDK for iOS/Android, App Events/Analytics, AudienceNetwork)
Google Firebase (Cloud Messaging, Performance Marketing, etc.)
10. Marketing & Communication
When you sign up for our website or app account or register for our forum, you can choose to receive our newsletters which will contain our promotional and marketing materials and updates. You can also opt out from receiving these newsletters at any time by clicking at the unsubscribe link at the bottom of those newsletter emails.
As explained above, we will use your Personal Data for direct marketing, but it will always be used in accordance with this Policy unless we have obtained your explicit consent as required under applicable laws and regulations.
11. Law Enforcement
Your Personal Data may be disclosed in complying with a court order, government request or as permitted by applicable laws and regulations. If we receive any notice or subpoena that can affect your privacy, unless prohibited or restricted by law, we may notify you so you may elect to file an injunction or application to such prevent or remove such request, or we may apply at our own initiative, but we are not obligated to do either.
12. Security of Information
We use SSL and TLS certificates to help secure our platform. But we make no representations as to the security or confidentiality of your Personal Data. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It is in our interest to keep our platform secure, we recommend you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
13. California Consumer Privacy Act
This section applies specifically to individuals residing in California, United States of America. We intend to comply with California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 (“CCPA”). CCPA may provide you with additional rights over our use of your Personal Information, including Personal Data. More information can be found on: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws. For the purpose of this section, Personal Data forms part of “Personal Information” definition, comprising of the below categories which we collect. Note that Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, aggregated consumer information or those not covered under CCPA.
Information that we collect:
- Identifiers (such as name, email address, social security number, IP address)
- Categories of personal information listed in the California Customer Records Statute (this includes information such as name, social security no, physical characteristics, address, telephone number)
- Characteristics of Protected Classification under California or federal law
- Commercial information (such as purchasing records)
- Internet activity (includes search/browsing history)
- Geolocation data (such as region, country)
- Inferences about personal preferences and attributes drawn from profiling (e.g. via cookies)
Any Personal Information collected are used and processed in the same manner as specified in this Policy.
Sale of Personal Information and Persons under 16
Hypebeast does not sell Personal Information we collected or received from third party, although we have de-identified and aggregated certain information for both internal and specific commercial use.
Our platform are not intended for individuals below age of 16, and we will not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If you are of age 16 years or older, you may request us to not use certain personal information collected from you for the aforesaid purpose by sending us a message at email@example.com.
You have the right to choose not to provide certain personal information to us. We will not discriminate you in exercising your rights offered by CCPA. Unless where permitted in CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge a different price or rate for goods or services, including the use of discounts, benefits or other penalties;
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services; and
- suggest will receive different price or quality of goods or service in exercising rights under law.
Request for Personal Information
Subject to exceptions permitted by law, you have the right to request us to delete your personal information which we have collected. Upon receipt and confirming your verifiable consumer request, and if exceptions by law do not apply, we will arrange deletion.
To submit a verifiable consumer request for deleting Personal Information, you may submit it directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with title subject: “CCPA Data Deletion: [insert first name, surname initial]”.
To ensure and verify you are the correct and proper person of the Personal Information which you want us to delete, to process your request you must also provide us with the following as identity verification:
- Date of Birth (Month/Day) if you recall provided us with;
- Details of last activity that you conducted on our website or app (example, if you last made a purchase, details of that purchase such as date, value, item(s) purchased);
- Email address used to conduct your activity on our website or app.
If we are unable to properly verify your identity as the individual related to the Personal Information being requested to be deleted, we may request you to provide additional information.
However, Hypebeast may refuse deletion if we or our service providers need to retain Personal Information to:
- complete a transaction, perform our contractual obligation which we have entered with you, provide goods or services which you have ordered or is part of our ongoing business relationship;
- detect wrongdoings like security incidents, protect against illegal, fraudulent or deceptive acts which are unlawful in nature;
- debug, identify and repair errors that may impair existing intended functionality;
- exercising free speech, and to ensure the right of free speech of a business or another Californian individual;
- comply with California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- conduct research (whether for public, scientific, historical, statistical) which adheres to other applicable ethical and privacy laws;
- internal use which is reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on consumer’s relationship with Hypebeast, or in a lawful manner which aligns with the context and reason for why personal information was provided;
- comply with legal obligations.
We may also retain personal information in our electronic archival or backup system.
We may amend this Policy from time to time without notice. The amended version will be published on our platform in place of the previous version, and is to be treated as effective immediately. Revision date will also be published to help you determine if there have been any changes since you last used this platform. Use on any of our website or app after the amended Policy has been published represents your agreement to be bound by such changes.
If any of the provisions in this Policy is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be deemed as severed from this Policy. Unenforceability or invalidity of a provision do not in any way affect enforceability and validity of the remaining provisions in this Policy, which remains in full force and effect.
16. Contact and Account Deletion
You can enquire about your rights under this Policy, or any other enquiry related to your personal privacy. You can also request retrieval, correction or deletion of your Personal Data held by us. To make such request, please email us at email@example.com and title subject “Attention: Personal Data Access / Correction Request”.
Last updated and effective on: 29 May 2022