Tech

Apple's 16-Inch MacBook Pro Will Be Made of Carbon-Free Aluminum

The company pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.

By
863 Hypes

Apple's 16-Inch MacBook Pro Will Be Made of Carbon-Free Aluminum

The company pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.

Apple has announced that the 16-inch MacBook Pro will be the first device in its lineup to be made of carbon-free aluminum. The material is more sustainable than traditional aluminum, releasing oxygen instead of greenhouse gases during the smelting process.

Further its commitment to eco-friendly practices, Apple also pledged to become carbon-neutral by 2030. A press release issued by the company states that it will continue using low-carbon materials in its products, transition its entire supply chain to run on renewable energy and invest in the protection of forests, which are essential for offsetting carbon emissions. By 2030, Apple hopes to reduce carbon emissions by 75 percent and develop carbon removal solutions for the remaining 25 percent.

Apple CEO Tim Cook elaborated on the company’s plan: “Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share,” he said. “Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change.”

Head to the Apple website to read the company’s full plan to become carbon neutral.

Read Full Article
Share this article

What to Read Next

Glossier Restocks Fan Favorite Super Pure Serum
Beauty

Glossier Restocks Fan Favorite Super Pure Serum

For acne-prone skin.
1,017 Hypes


Start Your Morning Right With Joy Resolve's New Manual Immersion Brewer
Home

Start Your Morning Right With Joy Resolve's New Manual Immersion Brewer

Designed for coffee and tea aficionados.
1,059 Hypes

Nike to Drop Women's Exclusive Air Max Up Silhouette This Fall
Footwear

Nike to Drop Women's Exclusive Air Max Up Silhouette This Fall

Along with four other Air Max units arriving in a variety of colorways.
3,912 Hypes

Red Velvet's Irene & Seulgi Release Futuristic Track "Naughty" With Choreography Video
Music

Red Velvet's Irene & Seulgi Release Futuristic Track "Naughty" With Choreography Video

The K-pop group’s first sub-unit follows up on their initial EP titled ‘Monster.’
1,469 Hypes

Newly Developed Viroblock Technology Kills COVID-19 on Fabrics
Fashion

Newly Developed Viroblock Technology Kills COVID-19 on Fabrics

It will be implemented in the final stages of denim production, creating the world’s first antiviral jeans.
1,069 Hypes

More ▾