James Charles' "No More Lies" Is the Top Trending YouTube Video of 2019
Check out the other videos that made YouTube’s top trending list this year.
No stranger to viral controversy within its community of influencers, YouTube has revealed its top trending videos of 2019. Topping the list is James Charles‘ ”No More Lies,” a 40-minute response to fellow beauty vlogger Tati Westbrook’s searing exposé, which has since been deleted, of the Gen-Z personality.
In case you missed it — though it was virtually impossible to dodge headlines surrounding the controversy — Westbrook’s original video accused Charles of orchestrating a deal with SugarBearHair (a competitor to her brand Halo Beauty) as well as coercing men into reciprocating sexual advances. In his tell-all response, which has garnered over 48 million views, Charles maintains that the deal with SugarBearHair was “not a big scheme that I orchestrated beforehand.” He also states that he has never used his fame to manipulate men.
A departure from the world of beauty vloggers, the second most popular YouTube video was a “Hot Ones” episode featuring a brutally honest critique of spicy wings by none other than Gordon Ramsey. Other videos that made the list include Shane Dawson‘s 90-minute exploration of conspiracy theories, Jeffree Star‘s Kylie Skin review and Gilette’s divisive “The Best Men Can Be” commercial.
Check out the full list of YouTube’s 10 most trending videos of 2019 below.
YouTube’s Top 10 Trending Videos of 2019
1. James Charles — “No More Lies”
2. Hot Ones — “Gordon Ramsay Savagely Critiques Spicy Wings”
3. Shane Dawson — “Investigating Conspiracies with Shane Dawson”
4. MrBeast — “I Bought Everything In A Store – Challenge”
5. Gillette — “We Believe: The Best Men Can Be | Gillette (Short Film)”
6. DAZN USA — “HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Joshua vs. Andy Ruiz Jr.”
7. Jeffree Star — “Kylie Skin Review with Shane Dawson”
8. Breakfast Club Power 105.1 FM — “Soulja Boy Drags Tyga, Drake, Kanye West & Reclaims The Best Comeback Of 2018”
9. Saturday Night Live — “R. Kelly Interview Cold Open – SNL”
10. TheOdd1sOut — “The Spiders and the Bees”
- The Verge