How to Survive Fashion Week: The Essentials
Getting through the week like a seasoned professional.
With fashion month in full swing, we’re quickly snapping back to reality and realizing that running from show to show during fashion week may not always be as glamorous as we’ve imagined. Whether you’re trying to catch a cab, find your Uber or literally sprinting, its important that you’ve always got your essentials ready to go.
Having just wrapped up New York Fashion Week, and kicked off London Fashion Week, we’ve put together a simple guide to help you make sure you bring all the essential items with you. Ranging from lipstick to obvious things like water, we’ve got you covered. If you’re also looking to get streetsnapped this season, make sure to check out our five-step guide here. Keep reading to see the items you need to keep in your (statement) bag during fashion week below.
1. Camera - Not only do you need a camera to capture your fashion week outfits, it’s great to have one to keep track of all the events throughout the week, in addition to just using your phone.
2. Water - Hydration is key when it comes to staying alert. Always carry water with you, no matter what.
3. Portable Charger - Since you’ll likely be using your phone all day, a portable charger is a must.
4. Emergency Fuel - When you’re running to and from shows, there might not always be time to grab a bite in-between. Keep a simple snack like a granola bar or some nuts at hand, for when you need an energy boost.
5. Umbrella - You never know when it might start pouring, and when it does, you want to make sure your outfit doesn’t get ruined.
6. Lipstick - If you’re wearing makeup, bringing products for touch-ups is a must. Always have a lipstick at hand – it can take your look from day to night in a matter of seconds.
7. Band-Aids - Since fashion week is all about street style, comfort isn’t always the priority. Those new heels might look great, but a few blisters in you’ll be happy to have band-aids at hand.
8. Powder - Rushing to get places will definitely cause you to break a sweat. Blotting paper or powder will get rid of any unwanted shine, and make you look fit for fight and ready for the shows.
9. Invitations and RSVPs - Since most shows require an invite, make sure to bring them with you. It might seem obvious, but keep track of your schedule and always have your passes or email invites ready to go.
10. Phone - Of course, you’ll need your phone. Whether it is to post pictures for Instagram or call your friends when you lose them in the fashion crowd, your phone will be your ride or die.
11. Fragrance - Freshen up with a spritz of perfume after a long day. Most brands make travel-size containers, so keeping one in your bag is easy.
12. Sunglasses - Last but not least, sunglasses. Nothing says fashion week as big shades that make you look important, so make sure to keep yours at hand at all times.
- Composite Imagery
- Tora Northman/Hypebae
- Eddie Lee/Hypebae