There’s no better way to start the day than with a cup of coffee, and with summer right around the corner, we’re dreaming about an iced cold brew out in the sun. As most of us are currently self-isolating due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is not as easy to get your daily cup of joe before work – especially not that cooling cup of cold brew you’ve been craving.
We’ve figured out how to take your daily caffeine boost home, by creating a simple guide to crafting your own batch of cold brew coffee at home. Keep reading to learn all the necessary steps to follow.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Coffee Grinder
- Big jar/glass bottle with lid
- Rubber Bands or Clips
Here’s how to do it:
- Begin by grinding your coffee beans into a coarser grind. You will need about 8 ounces of whole coffee beans.
- Combine the grounds with 8 cups of water in your jar or bottle.
- Stir until the coffee is thoroughly incorporated. Take your time with it, and don’t worry if the coffee floats to the top (it just needs to be wet).
- Let the coffee sit in the fridge over-night. Ideally, keep it for more than 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Strain the coffee using your strainer lined with a cheese cloth. Don’t squeeze the cloth, and be patient.
- Finish by putting the mixture into a clean jar or bottle and store in the fridge.
- Serve in a glass with ice, wih 1/2 cup cold brew concentrate mixed with 1/2 cup of cold water. Add your selection of milk, if needed.