Celebrate the New Year With These Coffee Recipes Featuring Nespresso's Shanghai Lungo Capsule
Boasting sweet red fruit notes and a touch of wood spice.
In celebration of the upcoming Lunar New Year, Nespresso is set to release a brand new coffee dubbed the World Explorations Shanghai Lungo. In addition, the label will also drop a selection of festive gift offerings, handpicked coffee assortments and branded red packets.
Inspired by the local coffee traditions and cultures from around the world, the Shanghai Lungo boasts a light roast blend of Arabicas sourced from Yunan, Kenya and Indonesia. Featuring a fruity profile with fine acidity, the coffee presents a sweet red fruit note along with a touch of wood spice. To use the Shanghai Lungo to its full potential, you may try the Everything Goes Well recipe below, or the House with Treasures using the Ispirazione Venezia capsule.
Priced at $42 HKD (approximately $5 USD) per sleeve (10 capsules), Nespresso’s World Explorations Shanghai Lungo will release on January 11 at Nespresso’s stores in Hong Kong. The gift items and coffee sleeve offerings will be available from January 18 until February 17.
House with Treasures
A tasty yet healthy beverage featuring oat milk, ginger and black sugar.
- 1 Nespresso Ispirazione Venezia capsule
- 10 ml black sugar syrup (brown sugar syrup optional)
- 120 ml oat milk
- Caster sugar
- Cocoa powder
1. Line the top edge of the cup with water and dip in caster sugar.
2. Pour 10 ml black sugar syrup and a few drops of ginger juice into a glass.
3. Froth oat milk in Aeroccino and pour into a cup.
4. Extract 40 ml espresso with Nespresso Ispirazione Venezia.
5. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Everything Goes Well
A refreshing iced beverage with zesty orange and white peach.
- 1 Nespresso World Explorations Shanghai Lungo capsule
- 20 ml white peach syrup
- 80 ml orange juice
- Orange peel
- 4 ice cubes
1. Add white peach syrup into a glass.
2. Add ice cubes.
3. Pour in orange juice.
4. Extract 110 ml Shanghai Lungo coffee into the glass.
5. Garnish with orange peel.