How To Make Pasta Chips, the Crunchy Snack Taking Over TikTok
Catch up on the video platform’s latest viral trend.
Over the past few weeks, pasta chips have been taking over TikTok, being praised for their crunchy texture and easy recipe. The snack, which requires either an oven or air fryer, works perfectly as a finger food menu for movie nights, at-home drinks and more.
All you’ll need is a bowl of pasta, some olive oil and seasoning of your choice. After cooking the noodles, simply mix in cheese, garlic powder, oregano and more for added flavor. After baking or frying, the pasta will result in a crispy snack, pairing well with sauces like marinara or cheese dip.
Scroll down below to watch the different variations of the pasta chips recipe on TikTok.
Like most other viral TikTok recipes, you can get creative and make your very own version of the pasta chips with extra spices or sauces. Here are some of the standard ingredients that you’ll need:
- Any type of short pasta, such as penne, bowtie and fusilli
- Grated parmesan
- Olive oil
- Seasoning such as garlic powder, onion powder, oregano
- Any type of dipping sauce such as marinara
1. Boil the pasta in salted water.
2. After straining, toss in olive oil, grated parmesan and any other spice of your choice.
3. Spread the mixture evenly in your air fryer or on an oven tray.
4. Cook in the air fryer for seven to 10 minutes at 400°F (approximately 200°C), or in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F (approximately 180°C).
5. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy.
@bostonfoodgramPASTA CHIPS✨ #fyp #homecook #airfryer #foodontiktok #pastachips #tiktoktailgate #foryou #tiktokrecipes #boston #bostonfood♬ Do It – Chloe x Halle
@kalejunkiePASTA CHIPS ? Hands down, my new favorite snack! @athomewithshannon #pastachips #easyrecipes #KitchenHacks #foodtiktok #pasta #cooking #airfryer♬ Butter – 방탄소년단 (BTS)
- Image Credit
- Oleg Magni/Pexels