'Real Housewives of Orange County's Noella Bergener Shares Tips for Dating Up
“Being called picky is a compliment.”
Hypergamy, the act of marrying or dating romantic partners of a higher financial, social or educational background, has received a lot of backlash. Some refer to hypergamous women as gold-diggers or write them off as “too picky.” But according to Noella Bergener, who swears by the lifestyle, it’s your best option as a young femme.
On the latest season of Real Housewives of Orange County, Bergener went through her fair share of relationship qualms. But the successful entrepreneur revealed that dating upwards is the only form of dating she’ll ever co-sign.
According to her, it’s a chance to create relationships on your own terms. In fact, she attributes her success in dating to platforms like Seeking.com which connect people from the lifestyle. Platforms like these bypass those who don’t understand your perspective, which can be draining.
If you’re intrigued by a lifestyle of dating upwards, keep reading for Bergener tips.
View this post on Instagram
1. If you treat yourself better than he treats you, then he’s not worth your time.
2. Never split the bill.
3. You determine your value, and your values determine you. Don’t compromise.
4. If you’re not impressed on the first date, you never will be.
5. Your partner is the other half of your future, make sure it’s a view that you like.
6. Respect for your time is a good gauge for how much someone respects you.
7. Don’t chase, don’t wait, and don’t dress down.
8. Details matter. Sometimes it really is about the little things.
9. If you think your standards are too high, raise them.
10. If staying home with a glass of wine sounds like a better idea, it probably is.